Friday, December 28

It's a Good Thing




It's the little things that I am so grateful for so I thought I would dedicate a blog to some treasures and tips for Thailand. The United States may be the leader of the free world but they don't know jack about toilet hygiene. Pictured is a nice feature of most toilets here...a handheld shower to spray away all that needs to be sprayed. It's more practical than a bidet.

Thank goodness for Exofficio and Mountain Hardwear brand clothing. We are comfortable and largely dry and stinkfree. Spending $15-$20 each on Exofficio underwear may seem exorbitant, but I'm here to tell you don't leave home without it.

Who knew that about 85% of the Thai population wears Crocs clog sandals? They are waterproof, stinkfree and lightweight. Also goofy looking as heck. I can't bring myself to do it, but I wouldn't blame you if you did.

I have to talk about food again. There is a drink called a "Mango Lassi", which is a mango shake, but I think instead of ice cream it has Eagle Brand evaporated sweet milk and ice. Oy, I love 'em and will have to figure out how to replicate it at home. They have these triangle pillows in restaurants (and I presume homes) used for sitting and dining on the floor. It's lovely to be able to eat yummy Thai food semi horizontal.

-Angie

No comments: